What is MPF?
MPF (formerly) WPF stands for More Protein Fasting and is an improved fasting method from our founder Christian Wolf. What is behind it, how it differs from conventional interval fasting and how it works you can learn here.
The problem with conventional interval fasting
To lose weight you have to fulfill two points:
- be in a calorie deficit
- eat enough protein
What exactly does that mean?
You are in a calorie deficit when you consume fewer calories than your body uses. This means that your body consumes more energy than it gets and thus falls back on the available energy resources -> you lose weight!
Adequate protein intake usually comes up short during interval fasting. As we know, protein is one of the three macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and proteins) and one of the most important factors for our body: It ensures for example that we can build muscles and also maintain them in diet phases, which in turn makes us look more defined. Furthermore, with a sufficient protein intake we can enjoy a longer saturation, which can support us very much especially in diet phases. But what is even more important: An optimal protein intake is essential for our health. That recognized now also many advocates of the classical Intervallfastens, why this method is recommended now no longer. This includes, among others, Dr. Peter Attia.
The solution? More Protein Fasting!
More Protein Fasting is an improved and smarter form of Intermittent Fasting according to our founder Christian Wolf. As with Intermittent Fasting, we also choose a food window of six hours. However, instead of fasting completely, we fill the "food-free" time with two servings of protein. In this way, we achieve a calorie deficit without time-consuming calorie counting and at the same time optimize our protein intake. Of course, this is only if a sufficient amount of protein is also achieved at meals - but more on that in a moment.
Another important factor for your health and part of the MPF is the renunciation of sugar: Because we know, too much sugar can make you sick and bring serious health consequences.
But you don't have to give up sweets, at least not with our Chunky Flavour or Zerups.
And the last, but no less important point for your health and weight loss success is movement. The problem is that we usually sit too much and move too little. This may be comfortable, but it can become a problem for our physical and mental health. If you haven't been doing any exercise or anything like that, it would be a start if you consciously leave the house to go for a walk to increase your daily step count.
The optimal amount of protein
So what is the optimal amount of protein? We recommend that you consume 2g of protein per kg of body weight per day to: maintain your muscles, reduce body fat and support your health. Of course we didn't make this up, but follow the recommendations of numerous experts such as Dr. Peter Attia, Dr. Layne Norton, Prof. Dr. Stuart Phillips, Dr. Eric Helms.
One MPF example day
So how does the MPF actually work in everyday life and how do you best get started with it?
- determine the optimal protein intake: We remember: 2g of protein per kg of body weight, so multiply your own body weight by 2. We then divide the value by 4: for four servings of protein, two servings of protein in and two outside the eating window. In this way, we have distributed the daily amount of protein among our meals and achieve optimal stimulation.
- determine the meal window: you choose a meal window of six hours, e.g. 10 am to 4 pm or 2 pm to 8 pm. It's up to you to decide when and how you want to eat, because it should fit into your daily routine. When eating, make sure to reach your calculated protein amount. We recommend two large meals and a snack.
- The time without food you bridge with two portions of protein, for example with More Clear, Protein Iced Coffee or Total Protein or the Total Vegan Protein. Pay attention to your calculated protein amount and adjust the portions accordingly.
More Tip: Ensure sufficient hydration during the fasting period, e.g. with Zerup, our sugar- and calorie-free drink syrup!
And here's what a sample day might look like:
- 7 a.m.: 50g More Clear
- 10 a.m.: 45g Protein Iced Coffee
- 2p.m.-8p.m.: Meal Window:
- 2 p.m.: first meal, e.g., a salad or bowl with protein source
- 6 p.m.: Dinner, e.g. pasta, baked vegetables or similar with a protein source
- 7:30 p.m.: dessert, e.g. a quark bowl or protein pudding.
For recipe ideas, we recommend you browse the More Instagram account and the accounts of our influencers.
We'll link you to a few examples here:
And this is your feedback
More Protein Fasting is a smarter method of fasting that will help us lose weight. The special thing about it is that it allows us to provide our body with the ideal amount of protein, to lose weight without having to track our food, and that we can adjust the eating window to our individual daily routine.